Nov 27, 2014

Thankful

As cheesy as it sounds, every day I am thankful for having a job I love and for living in a city I love. Though I haven't been home very much the past month, my little apartment is slowly coming along, in large part thanks to Kira and her boyfriend who worked on making my kitchen nook beyond-dreams awesome while I was traveling. You would think they were professionals who had done this many times before, but that's not at all the case. This shelf wall is by far my favorite part of the apartment right now.



These are definitely the areas that have come along the most – what you don't see is the pile of crap sitting on the other side. I also turned the actual bedroom in this apartment into my office/studio and it's still a hot mess. My bed is on the other side of the sofa, still totally spartan, and I'm waiting on a shelf unit that takes 10-12 weeks to make to divide the room. And we're gonna go very very dark on the wall that the sofa is against. It's going to get super moody in here, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm still hunting for the right lounge chairs and tiny bedside tables that can actually fit in the space. Plenty of work to be done, but that's the fun of it.




On a side note, one of my favorite online retailers is doing a little something different this Black Friday. Everlane will be investing all of the profits from Black Friday sales into making the lives of their factory workers better. They're starting small and focusing on the factory that makes their silks and button downs (of which I have lost count of how many I own...). I'm eager to see where they will go with this and what kind of tangible change this will mean for the factory. If you haven't checked out their new arrivals, I'm most excited about the silk camisole – a girl can never have too many, as well as the stationery because a hand-written note in the mail goes a long way.

Ok last bit of cheesiness before I sign off – thank YOU for still coming to this little blog of mine. I know my posts are irregular and it's gone pretty silent compared to past years, but I'm resolving to work on that. I realized I've been shooting a lot less personal work and I don't want to lose that or stop posting here. Now... onto Turkey (or more likely, Chinese food with my parents)!

26 comments :

  1. congratulations! i'm so glad you've finally made this cozy space your home. best of luck to you in all your endeavors, and I look forward to all your future posts! i love how inspiring your blog is to me- happy thanksgiving!

    VISIT / 13 FRIDAYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving dear Alice! Greetings from Turkey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already like your new home! the upholstered sofa in such a gorgeous blue is beautiful and the tulip table with the Eames chairs is also on my whish list. Haven't find a similar table like yours! Great color on the wall and shelves for your kitchen nook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your new space!
    happy thanksgiving, alice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love what you've done so far! Can't wait to see more of your space, and thank YOU for the beautiful work you continuously share with the world! Each one is a breath of fresh air.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you adopt me yet?! =) Happy Thanksgiving Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is looking so lovely, Alice. Happy Thanksgiving to you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Alice your world is just so enchanting that it would be impossible to stop following your blog. You inspire me so much. I love everything about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the old-school phone on the wall! Your new place is coming along so nicely! Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving Alice!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your space is so beautiful!! I'm moving out of home in two weeks today for the first time, super scary! I can't wait to make my new house a space of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done an amazing job decorating your space, Alice! This is amazing

    Sophia // sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the space is spartan yet luxurious...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple and cozy. can't wait until it is all finished. Could you please tell me what color are the walls in the living room? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your space is looking so lovely. The way you capture light always astounds me. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

  15. The way of decorate your apartment is really so good i like it very much. Yeah, May be you are saying a very practical thing, I really appreciate your thought, now I will want an apartment for my sister? How I will choose the best selection? Because I am staying near colombo3 and my relatives suggest me to platinum1.lk .it gives also a good collection of apartment. Happy Thanks giving thz post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very interesting read and a great post all together. Thanks for sharing.
    Designer Chair Hong Kong | Furniture Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Alice your world is just so enchanting that it would be impossible to stop following your blog. You inspire me so much. I love everything about you.......

    All inclusive student accommodation in Huddersfield | Cheap student accommodation in Huddersfield

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Alice! Could you tell us where your couch is from? It is such a gorgeous color...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blog Absolutely love what you've done so far! Can't wait to see more of your space, and thank YOU for the beautiful work you continuously share with the world! Each one is a breath of fresh air.Thanks for sharing......

    Student accommodation in Huddersfield | Student accommodation close to Huddersfield University

    ReplyDelete
  20. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    buy a mattress

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It almost used to create great pleasure and that we must needs to create some extra confidence in order to comply ourselves with such ideas. voicemail recording service

    ReplyDelete